Signal logical process equipment (SLPE) is intended for:
- receipt with galvanic separation of discrete signals characterizing the exceeding by process parameters of threshold setpoints values, as well as the state of electric equipment from three channels of process parameter protection equipment (PPPE);
- logical processing of discrete signals in accordance with algorithms of generating the initiating signals for safety system actuation;
- logical processing of discrete signals in accordance with algorithms of generating the initiating signals for control of diesel generator step-loading;
- output of discrete initiating signals for safety systems actuation and control of step-loading to equipment of typical software-hardware means (TSHM) for further processing and control;
- provision of mode of permanent automatic monitoring of good condition of SLPE channel in the main mode of operation, starting from input circuits, ending at monitoring of output circuits;
- provision of mode of periodic operability check (manual monitoring of good condition) at shut-down and operating reactor;
- acquisition and output to top level system of Unit (TLS-U) of information from PPPE and SLPE.
SLPE ensures the receipt of 96 discrete signals.
SLPE ensures the transfer of 144 discrete signals to TSHM.
In compliance with classification NP-001 (OPB 88/97) by influence on safety SLPE is related to elements of control safety system - class 2 (2NU). In compliance with NP-026-04 SLPE is related to functional group 2UK2.